Job Title: IT Help Desk Specialist
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Position: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
Being part of Novatek’s IT help desk team involves more than just knowing a lot about computers. The job requires problem solving, patience, strong communication and research skills, and the ability to think on your feet.
Novatek International is looking for a creative problem solver to provide IT support for all local and remote employees and customers. The chosen candidate will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, software and the network. Additionally, he or she will manage the current infrastructure, plan for maintenance and upgrades, as well as train users.
- Provide IT technical assistance and support for employees or customers in multiple time zones.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone or electronically.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Create and maintain Active Directory and Email accounts
- Implement company-wide preventive maintenance plan.
- Log all help desk interactions using the internal CRM case management system.
- Follow up with employees and customers to ensure issues have been resolved.
- Train computer users on newly implemented solutions.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 2 years of experience in related field.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving issues.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Excellent knowledge of Client PC connectivity – Ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN, etc.
- Working knowledge of VMware and managing Virtual Environments.
- Working knowledge of SQL and Oracle database connectivity.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing, by phone, and in person
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Comfortable working in a dynamic team
- High productivity and multitasking
- Willingness and ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Willingness to work with employees or customers located in different time zones.
- Knowledge of databases Oracle and SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
One position is currently open at the company headquarters in Montreal, Canada.
We offer competitive compensation including Health and other benefits.